Faceți căutări pe acest blog

sâmbătă, 20 martie 2010

Interviu cu David Anders[Jonathan Gilbert]


Q. What are some of the recent projects that you've been working on?

A. I'm in Atlanta right now shooting "Vampire Diaries."

Q. What can you tell us about your character Jonathan Gilbert and about his back story, both the back story you were provided and the one you created? Did you watch the show at all to get a feel for it?

A. He is Elena and Jeremy's uncle and I've been having a lot of stuff with Damon, Ian Somerhalder's character, and my character is not at all afraid of Damon. We find ourselves in a bunch of pissing contests going toe to toe. My character proves to be a good foe for Damon.

I watched one episode of the show the night before I flew out here. I watched one episode to get the feel of the show and get a little back story going. They offered the part to me and I really had no idea about the character. I accepted the part without really knowing anything about it, I was like, "Well that sounds like fun!" Ian Somerhalder and I were going to do a movie together last year and it ended up losing funding. I was friends with him and thought it would be a fun time, and it is, it's proved to be just that. I have been having a blast, they are a great group of people.

Q. You mentioned your connection with Ian, is there any other reasons that you wanted to be a part of the show?

A. I thought it would be fun and it's kind of a hit for the CW, it gets good ratings, and I thought coming to Atlanta to shoot would be fun. I play bad guys, that's what I do, and they told me I would be kind of a villain in the show.

Q. Is there anything about the role that you find challenging?

A. No, not so far, not so far. Everything that they've given me has been well within my wheelhouse. I look forward to the challenges that the writers will present me with in the future.

Q. Executive producer Julie Plec has said your character will further complicate matters, can you tell us a bit more about your characters relationship with Damon?

A. Just like his great grandfather, the original Jonathan Gilbert in 1864, he knows far too much about vampires, more than he should know about vampires. So I'm a know-it-all and I hold the information that I have over Damon and Stefan's heads threatening to expose them in Mystic Falls if they don't play ball with me. There is a lot more than that which I can't really go into.

Q. Since your character is a vampire hunter, what is his relationship with the current in-house vampire hunter Alaric played by Matt Davis?

A. Matt is kind of aligned with the vampires, with Damon and Stefan, whereas I am not aligned. That's another good tête-à-tête we have cooking up too between me and Alaric. There is plenty of opportunity for duels.

Q . Any idea how long your character will be sticking around for?

A. As far as I know, quite a long time, at least through the end of this season and into next season. It all remains to be seen.

Q. What do you think it is about the show that continues to draw in so many viewers?

A. I think the teenage girls love their vampire stories lately. With the rise of the popularity of Twilight I think it's only natural that "Vampire Diaries" would be a hit. My girlfriend was a big fan of the books when she was younger, and I had no idea about the books, but I guess they weren't very popular books but for some they were well loved. She's excited about my appearing on the show.

Q. Is there a place online where fans can go to learn more about you and keep up with your upcoming projects?

A. You can just go anywhere, you can type my name in a bunch of search engines and my name will come up.

Q. Do you have a latest obsession? Are you into any particular book, sport, music group or activity?

A. Book wise I just finished reading Andre Agassi's book, Open, which is fantastic and I am a huge Andre Agassi fan. My obsession outside of books is golf, which I am currently watching on television, and I will play any chance I get.

Q. What would you like to say to your fans and supporters?

A. Thank you for supporting me, thank you for liking the bad guy, for loving to hate me.
Sursa

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu